Semi-Daily Journal Archive

The Blogspot archive of the weblog of J. Bradford DeLong, Professor of Economics and Chair of the PEIS major at U.C. Berkeley, a Research Associate of the National Bureau of Economic Research, and former Deputy Assistant Secretary of the U.S. Treasury.

Friday, December 16, 2005

Charlie Stross is happy:

Charlie Stross: What did I discover but a bound manuscript copy of "Rainbows End" by Vernor Vinge, and a request for promotional quotes?

I could do that! How about:

  1. I have not yet been sent a bound ms. copy, but I am sure that Vernor Vinge's Rainbow's End is the finest space opera ever written!
  2. When confronted by a new science fiction novel written by Vernor Vinge, all sophonts immediately down tools and read it from cover to cover--twice.
  3. Nothing could do more to increase the well-being of science fiction fans than the mass cloning of Vernor Vinge. As it is, we all have to wait painfully long periods of time between novels.
  4. If I had a bound ms. copy of Vernor Vinge's Rainbow's End, I would have something much better to do than to type out promotional quotes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home