Semi-Daily Journal Archive

The Blogspot archive of the weblog of J. Bradford DeLong, Professor of Economics and Chair of the PEIS major at U.C. Berkeley, a Research Associate of the National Bureau of Economic Research, and former Deputy Assistant Secretary of the U.S. Treasury.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Why Oh Why Can't We Have a Better Press Corps?

Why I think there won't be a New York Times in two generations:

Pharyngula: Noted without comment: Jodi Rudoren née Wilgoren, whose views on journalistic responsibility to accuracy an truth were encapsulated in this comment,

I don't consider myself a creationist. I don't have any interest in sharing my personal views on how the canyon was carved, mostly because I've spent almost no time pondering my personal views -- it takes all my energy as a reporter and writer to understand and explain my subjects' views fairly and thoroughly

has been promoted at the New York Times.

Ah, but what determines who journalists pick as their "subjects." They don't just fall from the sky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home