Semi-Daily Journal Archive

The Blogspot archive of the weblog of J. Bradford DeLong, Professor of Economics and Chair of the PEIS major at U.C. Berkeley, a Research Associate of the National Bureau of Economic Research, and former Deputy Assistant Secretary of the U.S. Treasury.

Monday, December 19, 2005

Dad?

Yes?

Can you help me with the computer?

What's wrong?... Oh, spinning beachball of death I see.... What are you trying to do?

Print.

Print a document from Microsoft Word?

Uh-huh.

Did you save it before you tried to print?

I'm not sure.

What's the first rule of using Microsoft Word?

That it does not like me. That it is not my friend?

And so before doing anything major to your document, you?

Save.

Before you print?

Save.

Before you print preview?

Save.

Before you globally change margins?

Save.

Before you reformat all the paragraphs?

Save.

Before you save?

Save--there's something wrong there, Dad.

OK. I'm going to have to kill Word. Let's hope you saved your document...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home