Civilized Political Discourse
Yet more on Box Turtle Ben, the Washington Post's secret weapon to delegitimize the right.
: I'm happy that no one's engaged in any ridiculous hyperbole, unfounded accusations or unintentionally hilarious name-calling. We can all agree that such things lower the quality of debate on the Internet, play to the worst side of our knee-jerk partisan nature and have no place in the modern public square. I look forward to engaging you in a serious, respectful discussion on the issues that matter most to the future of our nation.
It was a noble, if condescending, sentiment. Unfortunately, Domenech has never shown any inclination toward that sentiment in his own writing. A brief list of some of Domenech's worst moments, which I discovered in searching through the archives at Red State, where Domenech blogged under the handle Augustine:
- Teresa Heinz Kerry looks like an "oddly shaped egotistical ketchup-colored muppet."
- Michael Moore is "fatty fat fat fat... a blimp that crashed into the Fleet Center [causing] nearly $16 million in damage."
- Andrew Sullivan "needs a woman to give him some stability."
- Cartoonist Ted Rall is "a steaming bag of pus."
- Senator Lincoln Chafee's "cranium would explode if he had one actual substantive thought."
- The Post's own Froomkin... is "an embarrassment" "whose status as leader of the hack is without compare -- Froomkin isn't interested in the real story - just his cut and paste storyline."