Semi-Daily Journal Archive

The Blogspot archive of the weblog of J. Bradford DeLong, Professor of Economics and Chair of the PEIS major at U.C. Berkeley, a Research Associate of the National Bureau of Economic Research, and former Deputy Assistant Secretary of the U.S. Treasury.

Friday, March 10, 2006

Get a Mac!

Joshua Micah Marshall buys a Mac:

Talking Points Memo: by Joshua Micah Marshall March 6, 2006 09:22 PM : PC-Rage-Mac-Envy update: So, my own predictions notwithstanding, this weekend, I took the plunge. I went out and bought my first Mac.

I am, it turns out, afflicted with a severe characterological disorder which prevents me from ever reading directions for any new product I purchase but rather forces me to stumble around by trial and error until I figure out how the new thing works. No pity please, I've had the condition since childhood. But that did create a few grumbly moments as I tried to figure out how to do some elementary task. At first at least, not having the right mouse key was something like learning to ride a bike.

Within about a day though I felt like I'd gotten my sea legs. And so far I have to say that I'm really pleased with the decision.

Another ex-PCite simply abandons his old computer:

I don't know whether it was the viruses, or the spyware, or the wonky DLLs installed by the children's games, or the antispyware, or the antiviruses. But the thing was totally unusable. Now I'm scared that the Mac will gain market share, and the virus and spyware writers will start in on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home