Semi-Daily Journal Archive

The Blogspot archive of the weblog of J. Bradford DeLong, Professor of Economics and Chair of the PEIS major at U.C. Berkeley, a Research Associate of the National Bureau of Economic Research, and former Deputy Assistant Secretary of the U.S. Treasury.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Impeach George W. Bush. Impeach Him Now

Wonkette:

More from the Admirable Candor Department - Wonkette: HUD Secretary Alphonso Jackson, speaking before a group of minority executives in Dallas, had this to say about his interaction with an applicant for a government contract who voiced opposition to the president:

[This contractor] made a heck of a proposal and was on the (General Services Administration) list, so we selected him. He came to see me and thank me for selecting him. Then he said something -- he said, "I have a problem with your president."

I said, "What do you mean?" He said, "I don't like President Bush." I thought to myself, "Brother, you have a disconnect -- the president is elected, I was selected. You wouldn't be getting the contract unless I was sitting here. If you have a problem with the president, don't tell the secretary."

He didn't get the contract.... Why should I reward someone who doesn"t like the president, so they can use funds to try to campaign against the president? Logic says they don't get the contract. That's the way I believe.

Wow. We had a hard time believing Secretary Jackson actually said these things (although his honesty is refreshing)...

Impeach George W. Bush. Impeach him now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home