Semi-Daily Journal Archive

The Blogspot archive of the weblog of J. Bradford DeLong, Professor of Economics and Chair of the PEIS major at U.C. Berkeley, a Research Associate of the National Bureau of Economic Research, and former Deputy Assistant Secretary of the U.S. Treasury.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Fish, Barrel, Gun

Alicublog makes fun of James Lileks:

alicublog: AS LONG AS I'M IN A FRIVOLOUS MOOD, WHY DON'T I WRITE SOMETHING ABOUT LILEKS?

Am I the only person who loved the first "Pirates of the Caribbean," yet fears the sequel will feel like six hours of rubber hoses to the kidney? Hollywood ruins everything, it seems...

The first Pirates, as we all know, was not made by Hollywood, but by ordinary citizens like you 'n' me who banged open the doors of Universal Studios with an airline beverage cart.

I could keep this up all day, and maybe I will.

Definitely one for the Orwell File. The "Hollywood Is Bad!" ideological filter is so strong that Lileks's ossified brain cannot contemplate the idea that "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl" was a product of... HOLLYWOOD!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home